- Win by controlling 30% of the available land.
- You get land by taking it, either from other players by successfully attacking them, or from the hordes by Questing. Eventually, all the lands will be are taken from the hordes and you must take it from other players.
- To take land, you need armies. Each keep lets you hire more troops. You need land to build keeps.
- You also need peasants to create food to feed troops. Peasants need land to grow food on.
- Your activity on each continent is tracked separately: land, player level, peasants, money, food, and troops. Only Movement Points are shared.
Building an Economy
- Peasants make food and need land to do it. Cash builds armies. When you're just starting out, magic items provide all. Make sure you're at a port city so you can sell the items you don't use, and search like crazy.
- Stone of the Gods give you land, peasants, and cash (along with extra movement points and troops.)
- Ring of Limited Wishes lets you wish for land, peasants, cash, and other economy boosting goodies.
- Golden Cow grants food.
- Potion of Speed gives you more movement points.
- Thieves Tools gives you cash.
- Toy Boats gives you a free ship that can either be sold, or used to move goods to and from other continents.
Battling the Horde plus Finding Heroes and Artifacts
- Setting your "Surrender %" on the Army tab gives you a better chance of a combat win. It also guarantees more lost troops if you lose.
- 200 or more troops increase your odds of winning.
- You'll likely need to search a few cities to build a diverse army.
- Talking to the Mystic gives you a small chance of learning where artifacts are located, and learning the name of heroes for hire.
- Finding artifacts is a three step process. First, talk to the Mystic to learn what city an artifact is near. Then travel to that city and talk to the Mystic a lot more to learn the location of the artifact. Finally, after you know the city and the location, and you're in the appropriate city, you can click "Search for Artifact" and enter just the name of the location (not the city) to find it.
Tips for Building Armies
- Be aware of troop prices, all across the land. It's not uncommon to see catapults selling for 500 in one city and 200 in another. You can use the Remote Markets to see availability.
- Mercenary troops are tough, but expensive, requiring gold (vs. food) each Season.
- You must have siege in your army to capture enemy structures.
- A good hero, artifact, or magic item or two make you much more potent in combat.
Using the Continents
- Armies, cash, food, peasants, and even your level are tracked separately on each continent. Learn to travel.
- Move between continents with ships.
- Use ships to move supplies like food, peasants, and armies from continent to continent.
- Each ship can only move one type of thing.
- Bigger, more expensive ships can hold more, and are tougher when being attacked.
- Some cities have decent deals on more than one type of troop and make good cities to launch attacks from. Find those cities.
- Magic items costs more to search for as you level up. You can keep one continent deliberately low level to be an item farm.